Interpretation and Translation Project Manager
The Translation and Interpretation Project Manager will plan, execute, and finalize projects and requests according to strict deadline and budget requirements. This includes defining the project’s objectives and overseeing quality control throughout its life cycle by acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and vendors in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Translation Project Manager will work under the supervision of the Department Director and will assist in developing and executing the goals and objectives of the department. The Project Manager will also assist in developing and maintaining long-lasting relationships with new and existing clients, translators and interpreters while communicating closely with co-workers and vendors.
- Direct and manage translation and interpretation project development from inception to final delivery and serve as the primary contact for assigned accounts.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, vendors and clients in a timely, clear, and respectful fashion throughout the entire project cycle.
- Estimate project requirements and scope, as well as cost and time requirements for successful project completion.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts that may arise with vendors or clients. Bring major issues to the attention of the director of the department.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Build new business, develop, and grow any relationships vital to the success of the department.
- Manage T&I administrative duties in support of operations, including scheduling, timely and accurate billing.
- Input data into system on clients and vendors; maintains lists current and recruits new vendors.
- Assist with the implementation of department goals and objectives.
- Support department operations including the timely and accurate reporting of outcomes and statistics.
- Work with T&I Director, making recommendations on pricing and allocation of vendors with specific jobs/projects.
- Work with T&I Director to develop a plan to screen vendors’ qualifications.
- Work with T&I Director to create and implement targeted marketing plan for growing department’s revenue.
The Interpretation and Translation Project Manager position will report directly to the Director of Translations and Interpretations and participate in department activities as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- Basic understanding of NSC’s mission, vision, values, programs and services and business plan.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English as well as time-management, organization, and negotiation skills. Bilingual skills are preferred.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be pro-active in assessing needs, risks, and opportunities.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize.
- Strong computer skills. Familiar with the usage of CAT (Computer Assisted Translation) tools such as TRADOS, including the ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Experience and Education
- At least 3 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in a related field of study.
The position is full-time and exempt, and includes benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please email detailed letter of interest and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. NSC does not discriminate in employment because of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, and sexual orientation or for any reason not relevant to the qualifications of the position.